Wednesday, July 23, 2008

An Ideal Man

I want a man who does not spend most of his time talking.
But someone who spends his time using his hands to build or create something.

I want a man who does not give so much effort to convince others that he is right
I want a man who spends time listening to others and is interested in their ideas.
A person who seldom speaks, but when he does people believe on him.

I want a man who does not show his power
By making a woman obey or agrees with him
A man who respects women
And sees them as co-equals in thoughts and in deeds
Not someone who claims that he is someone progressive
And yet does verbal and physical assault on women…

I want a man who does not tell me who is the author of this book and that, the ideas of various philosophers and who were the presidents of the United States.
Because I am not that smart
I want to listen to man who knows the root causes of the injustices in the world
And at the same time can also talk about a telenovela or a funny experience that
had happened during the day.

I want a man who believes in science
But at the bottom of his heart he believes in God….or at least doubts that GOD does not exist.

I want a man who can defend me and who is not a coward.
Someone who knows when to retreat and when to fight
I want a man who seems arrogant but gentle inside.

I want a man who could be easily pleased by merely cooking him a food.
I want a man who is funny
Someone who does not joke at my expense.

I want a man I can request to do some errands
A man I can ask to fix the rooftop
A type of man I will definitely and gladly serve with all my heart.

I want a man not easily rattled
A man who can maintain presence of mind in times of emergency.

Maybe it is impossible to find a man who has all these qualities.
Well I will just dream that he exists…

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

babae na lang kasi, loy. ;)

cynta said...

loy, tara inom tayo =P